Thursday, October 30, 2008

2, 4, 6, 8 Who do we appreciate?


Okay, so no, that's a little off topic. ;) but...we are working on our multiplication tables here.

We made some bean bags last night to help with the multiplication tables. The kids are taking turns with their respective tables (Corbin 4's and 6's, Liv 2's, 5's, and 10's...)...they are tossing the bags back and forth and when you catch, you call out the next number in your sequence...they are doing well with remembering, and I'm sure it's because they are viewing this more as 'fun' and less as a 'learning exercise' haha.

We made 3 sets of 3...one for each of the kids and then an extra set Liv wanted to make for her best friend...that's what is pictured.

On another note...we are moving across the country in December. From California back to Kentucky, where I grew up. I'm super excited, and scared at the same time :P

More on that as details come ;)

It's chilly here, and supposed to rain all weekend...and I'm so excited about that ;)

1 comment:

ik3 said...

This sounds like fun. What did you put inside your bags? actual beans, what shape do you prefer? I usually use Pinto!
Hope you enjoy Kentucky. I've only driven through, but it was beautiful. Too humid for me!! I'm a true blue North Westerner.