Monday, November 17, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


Simple Woman's Daybook for November 17, 2008

Outside my window...It is warm (but not hot) and the sun is out...not the kind of weather you'd expect for this time of year, but I'm enjoying it, because it's so beautiful.
I am thinking...about the day and week ahead, and for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long, I'm having a POSITIVE outlook.
I am thankful for... my doctor, enough said.
From the learning rooms...school today was cooperative, enlightening, and had quite a few surprises (like the impromptu study of seeds that I'll post about later today!)
From the kitchen...casserole :oP Rice, turkey, cheese and dressing casserole.
I am wearing...track pants and a sweatshirt...but don't be fooled, there was no running today.
I am creating...I frogged the diagonal stripe scarf because I didn't like it after I got about 10 inches into it...so now it's a DIFFERENT scarf, that I'll show later :D
I am going...nowhere today! DMV tomorrow *insert sigh*
I am reading...A Journey Through Waldorf Homeschooling grades 2 and 3.
I am hoping...the fact that aunt flo "surprised" me, but was right on time, because I didn't have my usual raving PMS is a good sign ;) and continues!
I am hearing...Ice Age 2. ;)
Around the house...A few chores left to take care of, but mostly just a relaxed Monday (who'da' thunk it!!)
One of my favorite things...Pumpking Spice Latte' (Decaf) Mmmmm
A few plans for the rest of the week: Trip to the DMV, Work one night, a call to the Dr., packing up more stuff, hanging out with friends and dinner with hubby's aunt and uncle over the weekend.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...


seen while we were out looking for seeds this afternoon
*click on it for a detail of the beautiful pods*

1 comment:

ik3 said...

Did you move to Kentucky yet? It is snowy and chilly here out in the inner Pacific ocean. I'm having home schooling brain farts for the 1st grade. What sort of things did you do then?
Yeah for tomorrow is what we call New Sun Day, day after Winter Solstice!!!