Friday, September 19, 2008

Cheddar the Rat Full of Personality


So, when I was younger, we had friends who had pet rats. They were cute, but I don't have a lot of memory of them, other than that they were rats and they were pets.

Fast forward to 3 months ago.

The kids started asking for a pet rat. Olivia practically BEGGED...saved her money, checked out library books, etc... and the day finally came a few weeks back.

My vote for the name Gorgonzola was outvoted 3 to 1 in favor of Cheddar...which, I must admit, I find positively fitting as well as endearing.

The man at the pet shop told us that he often encourages parents who come in looking for hamsters to consider the rat because they don't bite/nip like a hamster will (I *do* know this was our experience when we had the hamsters from from hell....) and also that they have really great personalities.

I have to say

he was positively RIGHT. Cheddar has as much personality as our dog!! he's funny, affectionate and active and I love him.

I guess we'll keep the little guy ;).

On the school note...

We are doing wet paper watercolors today, and the kids are doing a very impressive job! I'll post later the outcome of that project :D (once it dries ;) LOL)

No comments: