Saturday, September 6, 2008

And so we begin....




Nick and I chose to use Oak Meadow this year as it ties in most closely with the teaching philosophy we feel is best for our children. We love the idea of Waldorf teaching, even toured (got accepted, etc) to a local Waldorf school...but in the end, some areas of Waldorf just didn't jive with our thoughts, so we went a more 'secular' route and have committed to Oak Meadow this year.

We have always been very child-lead, child-oriented and this curriculum seems to tie in quite nicely with the rhythm we envision for our family and the education process.

So.

It begins. I spent the better part of today planning out this next week's lessons for both Corbin (3rd grade) and Olivia (2nd)...and I'm actually looking forward to it. I feel more 'prepared' and more 'at peace' with our choices than I have in any of the past 4 years.
Our first day of school is Monday. Sept. 8, 2008.

So.

This serves as my introductory post...short...sweet...to the point ;)....I plan to use this journal to not only document and share what we have learned and what our daily rhythm looks like, but also to keep my family in touch with what we are doing with our days :D

If you are here, welcome and thanks for looking :D

2 comments:

Sarah Davis said...

I hope you all have a GREAT first day of school!

Anonymous said...

I totally went to waldorf school from 3rd-8th grade. It was rad. Which waldorf school is nearby for you? Have a super first day of school! :) xox ~Gina